Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metadata Table Relationship Breaking
billychan
Dear,
If we create two categories C1 and C2 with C2 dependent on C1 (C2
sub-category of C1), is it possible to break the relationship later on
to have two independent categories without restoring the DB and file server and re-edit in the object modeler and vice versa: independent->dependent?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I apologize if I did not get your question right.
I guess, you are talking about parent child relationships between two properties of a document/item; ie C1 and C2 are two properties of item and you have established a relation between them in the object modeler and in the web config tool. If this is the case, you can break the relation at a later point, by unregistering the relation in "Propery Relations" page for the item in your Web Config Tool. You do not need to change your library schema at all.
If this is not what you have in mind, please feel free to correct me and provide more details.