Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Installation of LiveSite 2.1 Production Server
lawspetvetri
Hi,
I am having trouble installing LiveSite 2.1.0.1 Production Server on Sun ONE web server.
----------
Environment:-
LS Dev Server - Solaris 8, TS 6.5 SP1, 6.0.2 SP1 OD Base, LS 2.1.0.1
LS Prod Server - Solaris 8, Sun ONE 6 Web Server
----------
Though I don't see support of other web servers either in install guide or in release notes, I confirmed with the Support Team that it will work even with 2.1 (I could see the supporting configuration procedures in 2.2 release notes).
Below are the few problems I have:
1. Install did not even prompt me for target location for deployed files (as mentioned in Point 10 in Page 11 of ls.220.rn.pdf)
2. After I finished installation, I moved to the next step of configuring the web server (Page 12). It says to create one instance of web server with docroot as
/enduser/web.
Can I not use my existing instance of web server where I have docroot as /netscape/docs? If I can, what other modifications do I need to do?
3. It says to edit the log file location as
/enduser/iplanet/logs in log4j.xml and also to edit
/enduser/iplanet/enduser.solaris.iplanet.sh. I don't see the 'iplanet' directory under 'enduser' at first place.
Please let me know if I am missing anything important. Any lead or help in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-Vetri
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Antharix
The Installation doc mentions use of port 1776 for Apache web server.
Is it manditory to configure any webserver to port 1776?
Any information pertaining to the above or WRT LiveSite Production server configuration will be highly appriciated.
Thanks in advance.
Antharix
I have one more question.
Can one LiveSite Development Server be configured to two or more LS Production servers? My thinking is that such configuration may be possible since opendeploy is used for deployment.
However, Since only one LS Production server is configured during Ls Development server installation, I suspect there's more than just OD configuration involved.
Any thoughts and references and guidance in this aspect will be highly appriciated.