Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metatagger remove HTML tags
Nick_Ayles
Hi,
We have just performed an upgrade from TS 5.5.2 and MT 3.5.1 to TeamSite 6.5 and MT 4.0.1. We have a number of Data Capture Templates with visual format fields, which on save will push the DCR's through a simple approval workflow with an edit MetaData step which calls up the MetaTagger UI. On the MetaTagger UI the Subject Category is suggested as are the Keywords and Description / Summary. The Subject Category is a classifier and works fine but the problem is with the Keywords and Description. It will suggest some keywords and a summary but they contain HTML tags which are part of the DCR produced by the visual format fields.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Thanks
Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Visual Format will contain HTML tags. If you add iwmthtmlproc as a preprocessor, it will strip the tags out of the cracked text.
Nick_Ayles
Interwoven said that if you have embedded html tags within the DCR tags then the iwhtmlproc will not strip out those html tags and put those in the suggested text.
The problem is resolved by the HTMLGeneric.ipr being used as the pre-processor as it was on 3.5.1.
Thanks
Nick_Ayles
Unfortunately this problem has come back. Any suggestions? Which ever preprocessor I use the html tags are still appearing.
Migrateduser
If you are using 4.0.1 and iwmthtmlproc then you do not need the irp.
I have had this problem too. When I asked one of the MT engineers about it he recommended that I run iwmthtmlproc twice in a row, this will remove the html and the embedded html. Seems to work in most cases.
As a last resort I have written perl scripts to remove extra > or < that are captured in the keywords fields.
~~ Morgen
Nick_Ayles
Ok I'll have a go at running the two processors first.
I'm confident at writting such a perl script to strip out the tags I just don't understand yet how it all fits together.
Thanks for the input.
Nick
group.rptdesign
kellyrmilligan
hi, do you have an example for the tast in workflow that calls the tagger gui?
kellyrmilligan
sounds like something I've seen before
any chance of posting the perl script?
kellyrmilligan
never mind, did some searching in the manuals and found it.