Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Very simple question (probably)
System
OD 6.0.1
I've been scratching my head over this one...
My OD deployment (definition attached) transfers files properly but refuses to run the DNR script. I've tried changing the conditions / timing of the DNR and have also tried having it execute a batch script rather than Perl, but with no luck. And, since it's Windows (unfortunately), I've tried switching the / and \. I can also verify that the code works just fine on command line.
Please advise!
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Not sure if this is causing the problem - and it should probably be generating an error or at least a warning, but:
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="after" triggerPoint="
after
" state="always">
I believe the valid values for
triggerPoint
are:
connect
transfer
disconnect
rollback
(the last is, I believe only in 6.0.2).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
You're right, but I tried removing that attribute (as to let OD assume based on the "when" attribute) and still nothing. Aside from that, the log file indicates that the script has run "successfully".
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
DynamicImages.rptdesign
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
Adam Stoller
If it says the script ran successfully - all that means is that it was able to invoke the script (in this case, perl) it doesn't mean anything about whether or not the script actually ran successfully (a long standing problem).
Are you sure the script isn't running?
What does the script do?
Looking back at your configuration again - let me just verify a few things:
The BaseServer is "
webdev
" (a web server?)
The Receiver is "
tsdev
" (a TS server?)
TeamSite is installed on "tsdev" at "
C:/Interwoven/TeamSite/
" ('/' direction optional)?
The script to be run is actually in the path "
C:/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/solutions/perl/od_dnr.ipl
" (you might want to make those all '/'s)?
If all of that is correct - I think I'd need to see the script itself to make any additional guesses as to why it's not appearing to run.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I am certain that the script is not running... all the script does is output to a file. I've tried to make all of the processing as simple as possible until I get things working.
Your assumptions are correct -- the slashes are the way they are because I've tried it many ways and there are other occasions where it will claim that the script cannot be found, which leads me to believe that the slashes are the wrong direction at that point (as a side note, I'd love to wring the neck of the moron at Microsoft who decided decades ago to use backslashes -- how many hundreds of thousands of hours have been lost in productivity because of this? The courts ruled a couple of years ago that they couldn't copyright 0 and 1... well, I say let 'em have the backslash! The rest of the world uses it as an escape character anyway!) Ahem... okay, that was probably more than just a little rant.
I'll try flipping the slashes again and see if it produces anything different and will report on my findings.
Thanks,
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, flipping the slashes every which way did not help.
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
madan1
Try out with the state as "success":
Where is the script running source or target:If in target then location is target.
<dnrDeployment location="source/" when="after" triggerPoint="transfer" state="success">
or
dnrDeployment location="source" when="after" triggerPoint="rollback" state="success">
Migrateduser
The DNR is run at the target, as the definition attached to my initial post suggests. For my particular requirement, it doesn't make any sense for me to run it in the source and I've actually tried it with the state as "success". I've also tried it as a dnrFile, as well.
Thanks,
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Okay, so I got it to work. Apparently, there may be some implicit differences between calling a deployment via "iwodcmd start" and "iwodstart". I had changed so many things while I was working with the deployment definition in particular that as soon as I changed it from iwodcmd to iwodstart, it started to work just fine. I called support on this and they think it might be due to iwodstart running the DNR script as a particular user versus iwodcmd running it as someone else. This might be the case, although the directory to which the script is supposed to write is writable to everyone. Moreover, the script is also executable to everyone.
I was told that I would get a call later in the day about why the situation is as it is and when I do, I'll post more information.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
The information I was seeking is in the OpenDeploy 5.6 SP1 Release Notes PDF on page 36. Here, it states that iwodcmd can only perform serverstatus and serverreset on the target host.
I should have known this information, but it's nice when one does not have to dig through documentation from previous versions to help with something current.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Dave -
The reason this info appears in the OD 5.6 service pack release notes is that iwodcmd was introduced for the first time in the service pack.
This information was rolled into the OD Reference under the iwodcmd details for subsequent releases. For example, in OD 6.0.1 (the release you have), it's on page 17.
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
TestChart.rptdesign
Migrateduser
I actually looked at those release notes (6.0.1) but didn't find them... I'm sure they're there. The support person actually directed me to the older RN documentation. Well, this certainly was a little learning experience.
Thanks, Todd.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9