Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Workflow not working for Author and Edito
sabih
We are using Teamsite 5.5.2 on UNIX and recently having some issues with the Workflow deployments. When an administrator kicks off a workflow, it proceeds fine other than the email part which doesn't generate. The Admin can then go in "To Do" list to complete the deployment process. However, when an author kicks off a workflow and direct it to an Editor, not only that the email doesn't generate but also the Editor doesn't have any drop down available for the deployment in the To Do List. The description for the task, however, does show up along with the cancel job drop at the top right corner. Would restarting the Teamsite services do the trick?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Probably not. Knowing nothing about what your wft looks like, it sounds like you're trying to perform certain tasks with users whose roles prohibit them from doing so.
But, like I said, probably anyone who will respond to this would need clarification. Please attach your wft in your reply.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
sabih
Actually these workflows are working fine just a couple days ago. There is no change made since then. I will try to upload the wft later since I don't have the access to it right now.
sabih
Here is the wft file.
Edited by sabih on 07/13/05 12:47 PM (server time).
ReplicatePSGR.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Your tasks are pretty self-explanatory and everything, but where are you actually assigning the tasks? Authors are not allowed to assign tasks, so I'd suggest having your assignment task -- whichever it is -- set a job variable and then pass it to a subsequent externaltask which is owned by an admin or master account and the task does nothing more than change the ownership of the assigned task.
I'm not sure why you're running into trouble with the email part, but for whichever user it's problematic, can you run it from the command line? Also, why do you have this task owned by iw_author? This might be the problem, but you could have it owned by someone with higher priveleges.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
ReplicatePSGR.rptdesign
sabih
Actually the workflow has been there even before I joined the company. Its been working fine earlier but just a couple of days earlier it went down. Also I may have uploaded a similar but wrong wft file since this file basically just runs a scheduled job. Here is the correct wft file. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Migrateduser
What does the parsed XML look like? Uncomment the debug and generate the XML using debug mode and post it here. I understand the WF was working previously, but don't get into that trap of, "Well, since it was working yesterday, I won't try and look at the big picture of what might be wrong." It's good to keep an objective view, which I have only because I'm new to your workflow.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
sabih
We identified the problem. It was the mail server which got changed over to a new server and wasn't updated in the iw.cfg. The Teamsite workflow wasn't able to process the email and hence couldn't transition to next task.
thanks for your help.