Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to timeout workflow
blacke
I need to let users specify a deployment time from a workflow to allow them to deploy content, so I present them with a cgi task/form based on opendeploy's scheduler. After the deployment is successful, a notification is sent to other uses to review the content.
Is there a way of waiting for the deployment to finish before sending the notification and/or activating the review task?
The users cannot schedule the deploy time when they initialize the task because of approvals that are required before the schedule. So the process is:
1. Have the user select a deploy time
2. Schedule the deployment
3. Deploy at appropriate time
4. Send notification of deployment success
5. Activate review task
At first, I thought of having the notification sent as a post-deploy script, but the review task would be active after the schedule is set using OD's iwodschedadd.
Then I thought of putting in a dummytask with a timeout, then running the deployment directly as an external task after the timeout is finished, but I can't figure out a way to change the timeout parameter after the job is initially instantiated. If anyone knows how to do that, that would be my best bet.
Any ideas how to handle this?
Thanks,
Eric
OS: solaris 9
TS: 6.1
OD: 6.0.1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
see the [thread=15321]CGI Task[/thread]
[thread=15025]Rescheduling TIMEOUT[/thread]
blacke
I see how you explained it in a previous thread:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=15321&forumid=16
Thanks