Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment Agent first run
mkocsis
I am installing Deployment Agent into a customers environment. On the initial run of a schedule, they do not want all of the assets to be deployed, rather only assets that have been changed that day. In other words, when Deployment Agent is started, they want it to think all the current assets have been deployed. Can this be done? I have been told by an Interwoven contact that I can not configure Deployment Agent to do this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Technically speaking, there is no option to do that from the config screen directly. However, you can accomplish that by doing the following:
- set up your schedule to include a search criteria that will always be false (for example: asset type is STING (I doubt you have STING assets)).
- be sure the deploy modified only checkbox is checked
- run the schedule manually - nothing should deploy
- edit the schedule and remove the bogus search criteria
- save it
The next time the schedule runs, it will deploy anything that has been modified after the first run.
mkocsis
Thanks. I will give that a try in the dev environment.
StructFactoryTest.zip
Migrateduser
Why aren't you using the "Modified time" metadata for the first run of the schedule to specify that you only want assets modified within the last 24 hours?
Once that's done, you can remove that criteria and let the schedule run.
Migrateduser
That is actually a better choice for the search criteria for the first run of the schedule. Just note that "Modified Time" is not updated on an asset that is moved from one folder to another.
mkocsis
I appreciate the suggestion.