Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Populated Save Prompt
Nick_Ayles
The business requirements I am working against have asked if it is possible to pre-populated the Save Box with the title from the DCT. Getting the item value and stripping it to remove the illegal characters is easy but actually sending it across to the pop up is hard.
Any ideas?
I'm on TS 6.5.
Thanks
NIck
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you need to allow the user to have a chance to modify the value? (i.e. do you need the prompt at all?)
Have you looked at the FormAPI manual?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
There will be a number of sub folders beneath the standard data folder. The user specifies or has the ability to chose or create sub folders where they want the DCR to be saved, hence why they have the save prompt appearing.
Thanks
Nick
Migrateduser
If you don't need the prompt, you could always set the DCR name with IWDCRInfo.setDCRName('something'); in a form validation function and then return true at the end of it, thus eliminating the pop-up from ever spawning.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Aaah, we were posting at the same time. Okay, I didn't realize that you still needed some interaction with the save dialog.
Edited by dave on 07/13/05 05:10 AM (server time).
Nick_Ayles
If you set the DCRInfo for the DCR and make the users click on SAVE_AS then they are presented with the prompt. So what I am trying to now is remove some of the buttons off of the DCT. However, the button_disabled.js which worked in 5.5.2 doesn't work in 6.5.
Adam Stoller
You might be able to use a combination of IWDCRInfo.setDCRName('something'); and an onSaveNameSpecified event handler - that would need to have a sense of 'state' - such that it could return 'false' the first time it's invoked for a *new* DCR and 'true' for all subsequent invokations for the new DCR *and* 'true' when the DCR in question already exists and is being edited.
I'm not sure if that will work - or if there's an easier way to force the dialog to show up with a dynamically set default value.
You might check with Support - and perhaps open a feature request if it doesn't exist yet.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
Ok thanks for that fish, any information on button disabling ? Obviously you can remove it from the GUI files but then that is global, which is not what we want. The button_disabler.js allowed you to remove certain buttons on specific DCTs, is there anything similar on 6.5 ?
Thanks
Nick
Adam Stoller
RTFM - FormsPublisher Deverloper's Guide - viewoptions
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
I was hoping it was still possible to set within a javascript file to put some logic around it so that on the first save then the save_as button is displayed. At any other time the save button is displayed.
I'll have a go at sending across a false state to that event.
Thanks
Nick
Adam Stoller
There's no difference between Save and Save As for a new DCR - is there?
So - if you don't want users to be able to [accidently] rename DCRs they are editing - why bother having the Save As button at all?
I'd think it be easier for documentation and training purposes to just not provide that option (if I'm understanding your use-case correctly)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
Right I have changed this, I am writing my own save process, which is good cos it give me more control.
However, I have a glitch, as part of the process I want to the present the user with a popup window where they chose a directory and then calls back to a formapi function. It works for a IWDatacaputure.CallServer, whereby it will execute the script and be able to call back the function but never displays to the user. Any ideas on how this can be possible?
Thanks
Nick
Nick_Ayles
I have fixed this,
I used opener.top.getScriptFrame()
Ambika_Kaul
Hi Nick,
I have a similar requirement. Would you be able to share the steps required to for this fix.
Thanks,
Ambika