Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Image Preview
Hiral
Hello,
I have noticed that on Mediabin when we preview image from ScriptModel, the largest preview type is screen (512x512)(this is the one I am using). My program requires me to zoom in this preview image upto 1000% but it looses it's resolution and the text becomes unreadable when I try to zoom this previewed image.
Is there any other way that I can display and zoom in better quality image than what preview type screen (512x512) offers?
Thank You,
Hiral Kanaiya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
What type of assets are you working with? If you are zooming upto 1000% and still require a viewable resolution at that level, then it would probably be better to just retrieve the actual asset and display it in its native application instead of using a 512x512 JPEG thumbnail.
Mark
Hiral
thank you for your reply.
I will be using PDF's for now. These are low res PDF but sometimes it requires to zoom up to 1000% to read very fine line of descriptions. Usually it is arround 400-500%.
I thought of accessing the actual asset.
there are few concerns in it.
1. I am developing catalogs and there are thousand of assets so I am little concerned about mediabin's job queue and wait time. If this is the only option I have then I will use it.
2. RetrieveFile method wants me to have actual path where I will be retrieving it. I want to put this catalog online and wouldn't like to specify any path to retreive file. Is there anyway I can retreive the entire image in array or memorystream or some image format instead of actually storing it somewhere (or hardcoding the networkpath).
Let me know if there is any work arround on this.
Also, If you know any of your client who has developed online catalogs and give me any direction on what third party tools interact with mediabin better in catalog creation. I would appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Hiral