Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Define successor on timeout
saumil
Hi,
I want to define successor on timeout.
However i am not using xml in wft, but constructing workflow using declate_task.
Envirnoment:solaris-8, TS 5.5.2
Saumil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You mean you are using the TeamSite::WFconstructor module?
Have you read the perldoc for that module? It is documented in there.
If you read and follow the documentation and still cannot get it to work - please post your code, clearly indicating the area in question, so that we can have a chance to see what you might be doing wrong --- but make sure you read the documentation and try debugging it yourself first.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
awizardly
My solution to this was to fork a dummy task from the predecessor that ran parallel to the task that I wanted to wait on. Both tasks had A successor in common which was an external task that emailed an interested party about the timeout. In this case I put an inactivates clause of in the common successor, which inactivated one or the other of the predecessors depending on which one transitioned first.
Sample flow
A to B
A to C
B to D
C to D
C to E
B and C exist simultaneously
When D is activated it triggers the inactivates section which inactivates B and C
When E is activated it triggers the inactivates section which inactivates B and C
This way you can closely control what tasks that are in parallel are inactivated or reset.
The WFConstructor PerlDoc is pretty good at showing what options are available, not always that complete though.
Adam Stoller
(a) I think you're confusing the issue - the documentation for WFConstructor indicates how to set a timeout successor - which was all that was being asked for; Creating concurrent dummytasks is not required and adds unnecessary complexity.
(b) Who are you? It would be nice if you'd at least include your name in your DevNet profile or in a signature to your posts or something.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
awizardly
The timed out successor set would work, but sometimes you may want more granularity in control. This is a simple example, was just proposing an alternative solution.
I think I've now updated my sig to include some information about me.
Lee
Organic Inc
http://www.organic.com
Johnny
Be aware that there is a bug with the constructor regarding timeout attributes on submit tasks.
It was raised almost 2 years ago with a suggested patch, but has not been updated yet.
I guess it's a rare case to use the two together.
John Cuiuli
saumil
Lee,
thanks for your reply.
The solution is mentioned in WFConstructor.pm.
I have used following syntax for achieving same.
link_tasks('assign', 'emailAssign', TIMEOUT);
Saumil
Edited by saumil on 07/25/05 09:04 PM (server time).