Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bulk import Custom Metadata definitions
MattRazor
Does anybody know of a way to bulk load a set of new metadata definitions into mediabin? The import/export xml only works for existing items. I needf to import a coupld hundred types, I do not want to have to do a data entry job using the windows client ;(
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
You should probably consider scripting MBPScriptModel within VBScript to create the metadata definitions.
lyman
Not sure I understand the question. The native client does allow import of completely new metadata items from XML, in fact that is the normal use case. Also it allows you to select as many files as you would like simultaneously.
Also the format of the metadata XML files is relative straightforward in case one wanted to write new files programatically.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.