Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Preview - External process invocation
System
If I invoke external process in preview(presentation template), that process run under which USER ID??.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
trying to invoke VB.NET component from presentation template.Same functionality works when I do it from command line.
When I do it from preview - presentation template, it fails.
Adam Stoller
In your PT - put the following code:
<iw_perl>
if (open(OUT, "/tmp/pt.dbg")){
print OUT "[$<]($>)\n";
close(OUT);
}
</iw_perl>
(adjust the name and location of the temporary file as you see fit).
Do a Preview - look in the file.
Do a Generate - look in the file.
The information presented will be: [real-uid-of-process][effective-uid-of-process] - then all you need to do is verify who those UIDs map to (hint: if you're on Unix and the UID is 0 - it's running as 'root')
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com