Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
getHome for an inline function
Bhargav Coca
Hello,
I amon TS6.5 on win2k3. I have an inline command which populates the select box for me. The path to call the *.ipl is hard coded, i think this is not a good programming technique. Can any one suggest me as to how can i have a getHome() in my inline command in my datacapture.cfg. Here is the snippet which uses it.
thank you
<item name="Affiliates">
<label>Affiliates</label>
<description>Please choose the affiliates</description>
<select required="t" size="10" multiple="t">
<inline command="F:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe F:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\populate.ipl Affiliates"/>
</select>
</item>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I don't believe there is a way, but if you want to make it portable, how would you feel about making a separate workarea within your branch specifically for code. Also, if your script is executable, you shouldn't need the iwperl.exe part. This way, you can call your script the following way:
<inline command="../../../code/ipl/populate.ipl Affiliates"/>
... for instance. Yeah, ya might need to play with the slashes... I hate Windows.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
gzevin
I believe you can't unless you generate your DCT using another perl script
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
I think there's a feature request filed for this - but I can't remember the FR# (if there is one) -- you should probably check with IWOV Support - and if there isn't a FR for this already - file one.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com