Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CCSTD Help link customization
Antharix
Hello,
I would be highly obliged, for information on how/ where to configure the target url for the CCSTD Help link.
I am unable to locate the exact file / scriptlet where the help URL is being bound.
Thanks in advance for all the help and guidance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
You can start by looking here
<iw-home>/httpd/webapps/content_center/ccstd/help/en/s_my_cc.html
Adjust for language (en) if needed.
TS href format is /iw-cc/ccstd/help/en/s_my_cc.html
Hope that helps
Antharix
Hello
Thanks with the information. I am fine with the location of "s_my_cc.html" or the help files.
What I a interested to know is,
Where/how is this "URL" being assigned to the "Help" link as seen on the content center page (for ccstd). I intend to point this to a specific page and make the help context in-sensitive.
Hope I am clear.
Thanks
Adam Stoller
I think that would be part of the "standard" UI customization stuff. RTFM User Interface Customization Guide / search the reference files to find the definition of the Help link / modify the correct file with the correct entries to change the URL that the link is pointing to (or add a different link for your own local help stuff beside it)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ISCBorisB
All teamsite cc-pro and cc-std ids/referencies can be found in this folder
<home>\local\config\lib\content_center\reference\etc\conf
the one u're looking for is "ref_ccstd_ui_portal.xml"
Antharix
<link id="iw.ccstd.mycc.actions_top.help.link" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.help_popup.link"/>
How do i proceed from here?
ISCBorisB
User Interface Customization Guide describes it.
Basically, you modify the following File:
iwhome/httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/conf/customer/ui_custom.xml.
Take a look at it's DTD to see available options, it's in
iwhome/httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/conf/base
There are plenty of samples in DevNet. After you've modified it, you'll have to rebuild your GUI
by using "make_toolkit.ipl " Utility. Once again, please start with UI Customization Guide.
Hope that helps
Adam Stoller
User Interface Customization Guide describes it.
Basically, you modify the following File:
iwhome/httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/conf/customer/ui_custom.xml.
You obviously did not do a good job of reading the documentation (or there are errors in there that nobody noticed yet) - you do
NOT
modify anyting in the WEB-INF directory - your modifications go in
iwhome
/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ISCBorisB
Oh, my...
Thanks a lot Ghoti - my fault. I pasted from my own document
and have not noticed wrong reference.
Sorry and thanks again for correcting me