Thanks for your reply.Yes, the user executing the external task has permissions to read the source file and has write permissions to the target directory. It does not give me a specific error. But I know it is a permission error. Because I can manually execute the ipl on the command line with the workflow id and task id and it works well.
I have question for external task. I have external task e.g. Sample Task.I want to execute the Sample task for second time. What is the best practice.Copy the external or can I call the external again?
Well, it really depends on the requirement (doesn't it always (-: )If situation is such that 'sample task' is to be executed again as in a loop then, you will be executing the same task again and again, depending upon the number of times it is looped back.Since your workflow skeleton defines a logical flow of tasks, if the Job moves on beyond a point from where there is no logical loop back, then you will need to define another external task even for executing the same command.
I am afraid I interpreted the original question as being asked about the wft, For which I thought I should point out that it is not like an OO program where one can define an external task and use it repetedly, and that rather it is an XML structure which dictates the logical flow of tasks so externaltasks would have to be defined at each point in a wft.But as Ghoti says, about the *actual* external task script, then you should be able to use appropriate call back mechanism in any given script to reuse it at a number of places.
E=externaltask(A)->(E)->(B)->(E)->(C)->(E)->(D)
External tasks on windows runs as the SYSTEM user and not as the user who owns the externaltask. That might be the issue here. Thxs,Mohammed Gazal.
HiIm experiencing a problem similar to this. My external task updates the attached html file. So the "ModifiedBy" attibute of the html file is SYSTEM. I need it to be the owner of the external task instead SYSTEM.Should i achieve this only with windows system commands to update the modified by property or do we have any other method?Im using TS 6.5 Win 2k server