Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
why iwserver process always use cpu 99%
System
I use teamsite6.5 sp1 on windows 2000 server, before it runs well, but today after I use the workflow and upgrade my browser from firefox1.04 to ff1.05,
iwserver process is always use cpu resource up to 99%-100%, but I still can use teamsite function well, only speed is very very low.
I have check the log include iwserver.log and iwtrace.log and found nothing useful info.
did anyone meet this situation before? could you give me some suggestion?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
Does restart works in your case?
Adam Stoller
Unless this is a laptop development environment - the fact that you changed browsers on your client machine should have nothing to do with TeamSite using 100% of the CPU on the server machine.
As already recommended - restart the server process and see if this is a reproducable problem.
If you can reproduce the problem - try to note *how* you reproduce it - what actions / operations (if any) are you doing when the problem occurs, etc.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nicholas
You can also check if iw_perl process running? sometimes it doesn't kill itself becasue of some logical issue in TPL.
Just may be the case, not sure about this.
-- Nicholas
Migrateduser
thanks for your help.
I have already restart my computer(my computor is laptop computer with 2G RAM),it's same as before.but I found a interesting thing:
I am now login as domain user and iwserver eat all cpu resource,but when I login as a administrator of localhost, everything is normal!
Wow,it's so strange.
since I always use my domain login, now I have to stop iwserver after login.
please give me more suggestion.
thanks
Adam Stoller
Is the domain of the user the laptop's domain - or is it an actual domain being served by some other ActiveDirectory server or LDAP server or such?
Perhaps TeamSite is having a hard time trying to contact the domain server(s) as specified in the iw.cfg file (are there any domain_list settings specified within there?)
My guess is that there's something wrong with your iw.cfg file's settings - but you probably should contact Support and work with them on finding the source of the problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com