Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
regex for hours, minutes
nugget_shark
Guys,
I know that to you Perl regex experts out that this might be easy, but I'm a neophyte...
Would like to know if anyone has a regular expression that would check for valid hours between 1-12 and minutes 0-60...
I currently have
valid_input => '/^[0-1][0-9]/' # for hours
and
valid_input => '/^[0-6][0-9]/', # for minutes
but they're not really sufficiet as I'd still probably need to call a subroutine to check...
Would like to include as part of a a Tag_info, valid_input expression...
Thanks,
Doug
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
The below regex will only allow 1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12:
/^((1[0-2])|([1-9]))$/
The below regex will only allow 01, 02, 03, ... 12, 12:
/^((1[0-2])|(0[1-9]))$/
The below regex will only allow 00, 01, 02, ... 58, 59:
/^[0-5][0-9]$/
The below regex will only allow 1:00, 1:01, 1:02, ... 12:58, 12:59:
/^((1[0-2])|([1-9])):[0-5][0-9]$/
The below regex will only allow 01:00, 01:01, 01:02, ... 12:58, 12:59:
/^((1[0-2])|(0[1-9])):[0-5][0-9]$/
~Jeff
nugget_shark
thanks Jeff....
good stuff....
appreciate it!!!
jbonifaci
No problem, glad I could help!
~Jeff