Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CheckIn / Check Out Performance
System
I've been doing some performance testing on how long it takes to perform file operations with iManage 8. To time the tests, I've decided to use the SDK so Word, and Desksite would not be involved in the timings.
What I'm finding is really odd....
Checking out a document is usually much quicker then checking it back in.
It can take 2-4 times as long.
My first thought was that we were having a network problem, so I started coping the file directly to the fileserver as part of the test. Those times are consistantly a fraction of the check in and check out times.
The next stop was the SQL database. I ran profiler on the operation, and checked the execution times. All of them were under 15ms. That doesn't account for the 9 second checkin times for a 1 meg file on the LAN.
Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior or done timing tests on iManage?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet