Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Permission rules on destination files
emcneill
Does anyone know a way to set the permission rules so that the permissions on the target server are not changed after a deploy?
If I don't specify permissionRules, it sets the file permissions to 444, user = 20290 and group = 117
I am only deploying from 2 source directories to 2 target directories (which have different permissions/ownership). I could create 2 different definitions, but I was hoping there was an easier way.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Is the Receiver running as 'root' or 'non-root'?
Are the permissions on the target system supposed to be specific based on the target area? - if so have you RTFM'd regarding permissionRules?
Or are these two directories within the same target area (i.e. sub-directories, both deployed to as part of the same deployment definition)? If so - you would need to break them up in your deployment configuration file and use the permissionRules setting specifically for each definition.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
emcneill
The receiver is running as root and yes they are two directories within the same target area. I figured I would have to create 2 definitions, but I was hoping to get off easy
Adam Stoller
owner/group/mode bits are aspects of a file that can change and would indicate the need for deployment.
There are options to ignoreModes, ignoreOwner, and ignoreGroup - to prevent files from being deployed based on those attributes changing between source and target - but I don't think there's an option like preserveAcls for Unix (that option exists for Windows only) - so I think you'll have to split the definition up.
You might file a feature request for this behavior though...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com