Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DNR
TKeyser
Goal: to run each file being deployed through a script before being deployed.
Current process (this works):
When a user selects a file(s) in TS and chooses 'Transfer to Pilot', a CGI moves their file(s) to a Pilot workarea. A service on the machine (Win2k3) sees that something(s) have been moved into the Pilot workarea. The service then initiates iwodstart using a filelist deployment.
Script I'm trying to run (this works when run independently):
When executed the script will run Metatagger against any html files (script.pl <file1, file2...>), pull out the keywords and set the metadata if needed. Then it reads the file, and inserts the keywords as a <meta keywords =""> tag.
Part I can't get to work:
I want to have a DNR that takes the file list and runs each file against the script.
I tried in vain for awhile untile I read the DTD and found out that you can't do a dnrFile on the source. A dnrDeployment will run the script once. Can I pass the entire filelist w/path info to the script?
Any other ideas?
significant parts of the deployment conf:
-----------
<sourceFilesystem area="Y:\default\main\www_principal_com\WORKAREA\$WORKAREA^" filelist="$FILE_NAME^" >
-----------
<deployment transactional="no" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="Pilot Delta" downRev="" >
<deployNRun>
<dnrFile location="source" when="before" state="always" mask="">
<script cmd="e:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl s:\pfg\TK\testing.pl" where="s:\pfg\TK"/>
</dnrFile>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
How are you invoking this ? Workflow ?
If so, then it is easy. You do not need DNR, rather you have a script that runs, builds up
a file list, runs your command, then run opendeploy
ANdy
TKeyser
That was my first idea too. The workflow is a perl cgi. The problem is if the user selects a large amount of files, the cgi could timeout. Metatagger, for all its wonder, isn't the fastest beast.
I suppose if there were a way to have the cgi update the browser after each file so it didn't timeout...?
Adam Stoller
Is this process supposed to be user-interactive?
If not - I believe you can use TeamSite and MetaTagger CLTs as part of an externaltask rather than cgitask script - and don't have to worry about the timeout.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com