Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
start workflow on importing files into teamsite
jeetu
Hi ,
Does anybody know how to automatically start a workflow when files are uploaded(imported) into the teamsite??
I know that the workflow can be started based upon the following actions:
1) submit
2) Assign
3) save DCR
4) delete drc
5) new job throughfront ofice.
I am using TS 6.5 on windows 2000
Thanks in advance
Thanks and Regards
JItendra
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't know if there is a specific event noted for imports / updates via LaunchPad (or whatever its called these days). If there are - what you would need to do is create an iwat trigger (RTFM CLT manual) script that would capture the information about what was imported / updated and then initiate a new job using something like iwjobc or iwwft_compile.ipl
It can probably be done, but I'm not sure what the results would be. Imagine you're importing or updating 5 pieces of content... this would likely generate 5 separate event items ... which would mean that you'd be firing off 5 separate jobs each with one file, instead of 1 job with five files.
To get the "logic" right on multiple file imports/uploads will probably be difficult.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jbonifaci
Another option would be to write your own custom import functionality that instantiated a workflow at the end of the import.
~Jeff
jeetu
Hi Jeff,
Could you pls provide sample script for building custom import functionality.
Thanks and regards
Jitendra
jbonifaci
Read up on how to add custom menu items. As far as giving you a script, I'm not going to do that. You should be able to find examples of scripts that you can use to import files both on devnet and many places on the internet. There are also many posts on how to instantiate a workflow through a script. If you decide to go this route, I suggest you do the work on your own. You'll learn a lot more and appreciate it more if you do.
~Jeff