Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Vector based PDF Second Request
Hiral
please reply.
I am trying to create a task in mediabin which can take vector based eps and convert it to pdf keeping all the vector information in it.
Please let me know how can I do this? if mediabin can not perform this task please let me know that too so i don't just keep working on achieving something that can't be done.
thanks,
Hiral
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I have been having connection issues to the forum.
I am afraid that at present there is no way in MediaBin to provide a vector to vectore conversion. Our functionality for these formats wraps the functionality in Adobe Graphics Server and this is not one of the allowed conversions.
Sorry about that,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
Hiral
Thank you for replying to my message.
I have two pdfs attached to this email. both were created from .eps file. one was created using mediabin and other was created using adobe distiller. if you would notice after zooming to both of the pdf to extreme that quality of both differ. adobe distiller stays crisp and clear no matter how deep you zoom in where as mediabin doesn't retain the same level of quality. If mediabin is using adobe graphic server, would there be any possibility to find out if we can meet the adobe distiller level in generating pdf from eps?
Here is what i have tried.
1) In my task properties i have tried putting just pdf encoder: pdf generated from this task for extremely poor.
after that I tried following
2) I developed task with properties vectorepsdecoder--- eps rip---pdf encoder. this quality was lot better than before but not quite the other level.
if there is an any way out to manipulate the task somehow or to call graphic server from mediabin in different way that can resolve this issue for us, it will be a huge deal for us and great automation can take place.
Please see my attached files.
thank you
Hiral
Hiral
here is the second file attached.