Hi all,
were still on TS 5.5.2 on Solaris. Ok, stop laughing.
anyway, I've been watching the forum a lot when 6.0 and 6.1 were introduced. So I learned of the troubles with "new forms" showing all the forms as per templating.cfg. I also learned about prune-missing-files which was described as "bringing back 5.5.2 behaviour".
In fact, tst.650.dev.pdf says (p. 73)
Setting the prune-missing-files attribute to 't' allows form filtering behavior of TeamSite 5.5.2 and controls the list of available forms. This feature lets you filter templates based on workarea and restrict certain users from creating new records. Now, we are investigating an upgrade to 6.5, and prune-missing-files is failing us :-(
What we have is 3 different profiles of users, where each profiles has a limited number of DCRs they can edit/create. We protected the category/type folders with groups per profile. In 5.5.2 users don't even SEE the folders of the other templates under templatedata, nor do they get them as options in the "new DCR" dialogue, simply because they have no permissions on the folder.
I figured that prune-missing-files="t" would give me the same effect, but NO


...
prune-missing-files doesn't check whether current user has read rights on the DCT file. It only checks whether the DCT file exists (or does it check whether the form's type folder exists, I don't know). Does anyone have experience, workarounds? Is there a FR existing to make true 5.5.2 available?
thanks for sharing
Fred.