Hi,
I have a Java Web Start application (that uses the DFC6). This application has been working forever. But my local JRE has been updated to Version 1.6.0_24 and the application no longer works. I can run the application side by side. It works in the JRE 1.5, but not in the JRE 1.6.
I have identified the line of code that is causing the problem. Here it is:
IDfClient dfc = DfClient.getLocalClient();
It throws the following exception:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.documentum.fc.client.DfClient.<clinit>(DfClient.java:685)
at com.exelon.erms.archgen.main.ArchiveGeneratorStartMain.main(ArchiveGeneratorStartMain.java:32)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:394)
at com.documentum.fc.common.impl.preferences.PreferencesManager.readPersistentProperties(PreferencesManager.java:305)
at com.documentum.fc.common.impl.preferences.PreferencesManager.<init>(PreferencesManager.java:37)
at com.documentum.fc.common.DfPreferences.initialize(DfPreferences.java:62)
at com.documentum.fc.common.DfPreferences.getInstance(DfPreferences.java:41)
at com.documentum.fc.impl.RuntimeContext.<clinit>(RuntimeContext.java:177)
... 11 more
This is driving me nuts. I have cleared Java Web Start cache and I still get the error. To make it more crazy, I can get the code to work when running the application from the command line.
Has anyone run into the problem that Java Web Start Applications that use the DFC6 do NOT run with the JRE 1.6?
Thanks!
Bob....