installer Form.dar fail

posuichangkong
edited September 14, 2011 in Documentum #1
Trying to install Form dar 6.6 but darinstaller (both headless and full) through this error:
[INFO] Composer version: 6.6.0.049
[INFO] Dar file 'C:\Documentum\product\6.6\install\DARsInternal\Forms.dar' was created by Composer version '6.6.0.048'
[INFO] Install started...  Mon Mar 28 11:58:05 CST 2011
[INFO] Executing pre-install script
[INFO] dmbasic.exe output : dmAPIInit() failed with return code 0.Can't register Documentum Server Extensions.
[ERROR] Procedure execution failed with dmbasic.exe exit value : -1
[INFO] Forms install failed.
[ERROR] com.emc.ide.logger.defaultimpl.DmLoggerDefault::getDefaultThrowableMessage (line 98)
com.emc.ide.installer.PreInstallException: Error during pre installation of procedure com.emc.ide.artifact.procedure.model.procedure.impl.ProcedureImpl@1c94b8f (objectTypeName: null) (objectName: Forms Install Procedure, title: , subject: , authors: null, keywords: null, applicationType: , isHidden: false, compoundArchitecture: , componentLabel: null, resolutionLabel: , contentType: crtext, versionLabel: [1.0, CURRENT], specialApp: , languageCode: , creatorName: null, archive: false, category: , controllingApp: , effectiveDate: null, effectiveFlag: null, effectiveLabel: null, expirationDate: null, extendedProperties: null, fullText: true, isSigned: false, isTemplate: false, lastReviewDate: null, linkResolved: false, publishFormats: null, retentionDate: null, status: , rootObject: true) (userRunnable: false)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.preInstall(DarInstaller.java:1050)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.doInstall(DarInstaller.java:493)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.doInstall(DarInstaller.java:329)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.doInstall(DarInstaller.java:298)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.StandaloneDarInstallerHelper.doInPlaceInstall(StandaloneDarInstallerHelper.java:129)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.StandaloneDarInstaller.installDar(StandaloneDarInstaller.java:338)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.StandaloneDarInstaller.install(StandaloneDarInstaller.java:112)
at com.emc.ide.installer.darinstaller.ui.DarInstallerComposite$26.run(DarInstallerComposite.java:1525)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: com.emc.ide.external.dfc.procedurerunner.ProcedureRunnerException: Procedure execution failed with dmbasic.exe exit value : -1
at com.emc.ide.external.dfc.procedurerunner.ProcedureRunnerUtils.executeDmBasic(ProcedureRunnerUtils.java:208)
at com.emc.ide.external.dfc.procedurerunner.ProcedureRunner.execute(ProcedureRunner.java:55)
at internal.com.emc.ide.installer.DarInstaller.preInstall(DarInstaller.java:1045)
... 8 more

No idea why.

please can you tell me ,how can i do.

Comments

• y_seval
    edited April 28, 2011 #2

I have got the same error, did you find a solution.

Deleted the repository and created a new one but no change.

• posuichangkong
    edited May 2, 2011 #3

I don't, now ,We have used other software. sorry

• DCTM_Guru
    edited May 4, 2011 #4

Are you installing other DAR files as part of the xCP installation process or just installing Form for Forms Builder for Webtop?  If the former, make sure you follow the sequence of which DAR files to install listed in the xCP installation guide.

• bladexia
    edited August 11, 2011 #5

The reason, composer only can use java 1.5. maybe you are using java 1.6.

you can only update JAVA_HOME in ocumentum\product\6.6\install\composer\ComposerHeadless\plugins\com.emc.ide.external.dfc_1.0.0\dmbasic\java.ini.

Let it point to JRE1.5.

• Imran_Yusubov
    edited August 20, 2011 #6

Hi,

That can be due to a bug in Composer.

I had been facing a similar problem.Then I have downloaded the latest composer hotfix and installed the dars with it.See that thread.I could install the https://community.emc.com/message/500521#500521

Hope that helps

• ericfish
    edited August 30, 2011 #7

Hello,

in my case the installation owner had not the full installation rights on the docbase. The documentum installer check the rights and privileges of the current owner without any plaints. So check our installation owner.

Additional install first the webtop.dar and second the preset.dar

check my posting: https://community.emc.com/message/557594#557594

Hope that helps

• NiK_01
    edited September 14, 2011 #8

Hi, In my case, I was using Windows 7 Enterprise to install. I right click dardeployer.exe and clicked "Run as Administrator", then dar deployment was successfull.

• Same here, java version was the troublemaker.

update the dardeployer.ini and add the reference to a correct Java version, add 2 lines at the top of the ini file, make sure the values are on seperate lines as in my example below:

-vm
    C:\_java\jdk1.8.0_111_x64\bin\
    -configuration
    darinstallerconfiguration
    --launcher.XXMaxPermSize
    256m
    -vmargs
    -Xms40m
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m