Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unable to preview or generate anything
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 Linux
RedHat EL 3.0
We are unable to get any preview or generate to work with this new TS 6.1 Linux server. We have tried to get the example templates to work, but they don't either. We get the following message when we try:
iwtmplpreview (null):
The following error occured while creating file The following error occured while creating file %s:
%s
Th:
(null)
The file was not generated.
If we run iwpt_compile.ipl at the linux command line shell, it works no problem and the HTML is output. Any idea what is wrong? I assume there must be a permission thing messed up. However, I have tried to preview as root and that didn't work. We set the workarea permissions to 777 and that didn't work either. I created a support case, but am wondering if I am missing something simple.
We have tried this on multiple client pcs as well, with the same result.
-Bill
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jkm
I have faced similar kinda problem once upon a time. In our case someone messed up with iwtmplpreview.cgi file and preview stopped working. I restored the file from backup then and it started working fine
Bill Klish
Thanks for the reply.
This is a brand new server, so I am assuming that what shipped from Interwoven should work. I have opened a support case and will reply to this once I get it resolved.
Bill Klish
This issue is bug # is 58577.
If you are using Linux and create the iwmnt point anywhere besides /iwmnt, this issue occurs. To solve the problem do the following:
1. Stop TeamSite
2. Update /etc/defaultiwmount to read /iwmnt
3. Remove the old /default symbolic link pointing to the wrong location, and made new one pointing to /iwmnt/default
4. Update the paths in my apache httpd.conf file to point to /iwmnt
5. Start TeamSite