Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Modified by User
kaalraa
Hi all there,
I need to check out the conflicts with a particular branch for a choosen file. I am using iwfilestate command to get if the file is modified or locked. My problem is how to get the username by which the file is modified as for locked i can show lockowner value as well as use iwlockinfo command for more detailed results.
Any suggestion or command to get the way out of it are all welcome.
- AKs.... The Shadow
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Perhaps the iwattrib CLT is what you're looking for? RTFM Command Line Tool Manual for details.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kaalraa
Fish,
I have read the manual... but the issue still remains the same... i need the uid of the person who modified the file rather than who is the owner of the file. As per what my understanding says is the owner of the file is a person who has submitted the same at last.
Please revert if i am wrong anywhere. Thanks a lot for your reply.
- AKs.... The Shadow
Adam Stoller
Have you tried looking at the results of
iwattrib
filename
lastuser
?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
generalvertcalalign.bmp
kaalraa
Hi Fish,
I have not tried the command, but what i gather by RTFM .... it is saying "User who last submitted the file" against lastuser.
Thanks,
- AKs.... The Shadow
Adam Stoller
Perhaps your right - I don't have a good environment to test it in right now.
However, if that's the case - I'd think a simple stat() of the file in the workarea should provide you the information you're looking for - yes?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
awizardly
iwattrib <vpath> lastuser does give you the id of the person who last modified the file. I found it by RTFM.
You have to go through the full tables because iwattrib has different arguments based on the nature of the vpath you pass it.
Lee
Organic Inc
http://www.organic.com
kaalraa
But have you checked if the file is not submitted but only modified.... then what would be the value?
- AKs.... The Shadow