Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
email
System
I am new to Teamsite and I need to set up a process so that when a particular file is updated, an email should be sent to a list of pre-defined recipients.
Can anyone help me or point me in the direction I need to go. I have been given a couple of books on Teamsite Workflow and asked to go through them, and being new, I cannot make any head way.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You should look at the script: <iw-home>/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl and its syntax. For most purposes, you can use this script. You say that you've done your homework on workflow, so hooking that script into workflow should be simple.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
The issue here seems to be that you only want to do this for "a particular file" - and by "updated" I have to assume you mean "submitted" (as opposed to just modified within the workarea).
You could do this via a workflow if your workflow(s) - either directly or via an externaltask script check to see if this "particular file" is included in the list of files to be processed (at which point something along the lines of iw_sendmail.ipl, as preivously suggested, would help for sending the email) - or you could use an
iwat
trigger on the "Submit" event to fire off a piece of email (RTFM the CLT manual for information about 'iwat') -- the downside of this approach is that the trigger script will fire on
every
Submit event - and thus it is a performance hit.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com