Can you configure FAST to limit indexing content to a particular repository folder?
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
You can easily achieve this in XPlore. You can create your own custom filter If you are using FAST.
Take a look at this document- https://developer-content.emc.com/developer/Component_Exchange/FullTextIndexFilter.htm
No. I believe you can filter out indexing by format and maybe object type, but NOT folder location. What is your specific requirement that you dont want something indexed based on location? Obviously, if a person does not have access to documents in the folder, they can search against them even though its indexed.
Also, please move this thread one to the Documentum Developer Network. Select "Move discussion" from the Actions menu and choose the appropriate forum, as described in the Guidelines. EMC is trying to have technical questions posted there:
https://community.emc.com/community/edn/documentum?view=discussions
Thanks for the answer. All of the user content is localized to one cabinet, so we don't want to index other content unnecessarily. We are planning to set the indexing by object type as well. The users use dm_document sometimes, so I was hoping that by applying a configuration to just index their cabinet that dm_documents outside of their specific cabinet would not be indexed.
This sounds perfect, thank you, but do you know if it will work for FAST 6.5 ?
I think it will. Even Documentum_Content_Server_66_Full-text_Indexing_Administration_Guide talks about it. If you need a confirmation open SR with EMC.
Thanks Rijo for providing that link. I totally forgot about that integration hook.