Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to register custom XML as DCR?
sabih
How do we register a custom XML as DCR? Can anyone help me out here?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What do you want to do, exactly? You don't have to "register" a DCR but a DCR has a certain native characteristic that a simple XML file does not. I assume you're already familiar with the DTD and format that the DCR should take.
The characteristic to which I am referring is the extended attribute. Minimally, your XML file should have an extended attribute called "TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type". This allows for the XML file to be edited through a DCT and subsequently, generated with a registered PT. I believe this accomplishes what you're looking for, but if not, please clarify.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
testdwf.rptdesign
test.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
Does this custom XML have a DTD?
If so - RTFM regarding creating DCTs from DTDs - once you have the DCT, then you can create XML files from it which will be considered DCRs.
A pre-existing XML file that conforms to the DTD which was used to create the DCT can then be identified as a DCR by setting the appropriate TeamSite Extended Attributes on it (if you don't know what those are - RTFM, Search the forums, Take some training)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
WOW, okay, so usually I'm more liberal with the "RTFM" but I guess I'm feeling guilty for not having posted much lately.
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
sabih
I think thats what I am looking for. THanks