Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
disable edit option of a Workflow task file
motlnt
Hi All,
I have a file attached in the WF task list..this file gets attached to the WF task at the beginning...
thing is I want to submit that file to open deploy but do now want anybody to edit that file till OD step has reached...
but there can be other files which should be edited during the WF...
is there any way I can disable the edit option for a particular file?
Thx in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
I believe it can only be set at the task level, not the file level. If you don't want anyone to edit the file until the end, why don't you just wait until the end of the workflow to attach it?
~Jeff
reddyl
Why dont you change the file permission to "444" and change it back to 664 befor the workflow ends.
cliffhanger
If you're on UNIX environment, you could follow reddyl's suggestion. But if you're in WINDOWS, you could lock that file in the beginning of the workflow by system/ADMIN_ID and unlock it after the OD step is complete.
Keep in mind, this would prevent only the users with author/editor access from editing the file. Someone with admin access can always unlock the file and edit it.
-cliff