Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Roles Files
frogman
Hi,
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32 bit.
Teamsite 6.5 SP1
We are hoping to use LDAP to authenticate users and roles. The client has intimated that this may not be possible due to their security policy. We are looking at alternatives and my question is: can Teamsite be configured to look for the *.uid roles files in a location other than iw-home/conf/roles?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
it can
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Nicholas
that's great.
any hint?
gzevin
RTFM. page 71 of the admin guide.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
frogman
Now Now Greg, fell out of the wrong side of the bed today did we ;-)
Page 71 of the admin guide? What, under "Table 3: Permissions for TeamSite Roles (Continued)" ? That's really helpful.
Which manual are you referring to?
Try page 50 of the 6.5 Admin Guide.
Apologies for failing to find it earlier - its just that no version of Teamsite that I've installed has a [locations] section in iw.cfg on installation, so how would I know to go looking for it? It's the classic Teamsite help issue - Let's put lots of lovely useful information in the (considerable) documentation but not tell anyone its there!
Cheers
gzevin
I don't know what guide you are talking about. In my file ts650.admin.win.pdf it starts on page 71.
I am glad you found it.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Nicholas
Huh, I will kill myself.
I knew this but unable to link up properly.
-- Nicholas
frogman
Now that's really odd!
I'm using ts.650a.admin.win.pdf
ho hum!
Thanks for your help.
gzevin
probably it was a serious rework on the doco....
anyway, glad it's Ok now
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU