Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Calendar popup
System
Hi Everyone,
I'd like to put a little calendar icon in my wf, so the user can input dates easily by simply clicking on a date. I have been looking around devnet and it seems like the proposed solutions for this problem are implemented in the data_capture.cfg screen. I would like to put the calendar icon in the wf instantiation screen, right before hitting the start job button, and I am not sure how to go about it.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Ido
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
You can either use a modified version of the DCT callout or write your own. It is just javascript. Do a search on google for javascript calendar popup's and you should get many hits.
Here
is one such page.
~Jeff
RonaldV
The nicest calendar I've seen so far is at
http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/
TS65 Sp1
Win2k Sp4
OD602
Migrateduser
Jeff,
I took your advice and tried to use some JS in the wf instantiation screen. However I am getting an error saying: "CalendarPopup is undefined".
I have the following code:
In the CGI info tag I have: title => "$workflow_name </title>" . qq(<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" src="CalendarPopup.js"></SCRIPT>)
That includes the calendar popup js, which is located at the same diretory as the wf.
The tag info I use to call on the calendar is as follows:
JS_Location => [
html => qq(
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" ID="js1">
var cal1 = new CalendarPopup();
</SCRIPT>
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="date1" VALUE="" SIZE=25>
<A HREF="#" onClick="cal1.select(document.forms[0].date1,'anchor1','MM/dd/yyyy'); return false;" TITLE="cal1.select(document.forms[0].date1,'anchor1','MM/dd/yyyy'); return false;" NAME="anchor1" ID="anchor1">select</A>
),
label => "testJS",
is_required => 'false',
],
I
If you could give me an idea as to what is it I am doing wrong, that would be great.
Thanks,
Ido
Bill Klish
There was talk in the Developer Suite forum about exposing the widgets used inside of the TeamSite Content Center Interface. There currently is a calendar widget that is used within the workflow pages. I have not seen anything since that was originally posted, but it would be nice to just utilize the same calendar controls that Interwoven is exposing in the UI.
Your best bet for now is to use one of these other tools mentioned in the other responses. Hopefully in the future we will just be able to use the ones provided by Interwoven (doubt this capability will ship with TS 6.7)
Migrateduser
Hi,
I managed to solve the issue I was having with the calendar popup using an external js file. Regarding the widget supplied with TS, I was under the impression it was specific for the data_capture.cfg files as oppose to using it in the wf inst screen.
Is that the case?
Ido