Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Save As functionality
motlnt
Hi,
I do set metadata within the DCR.
But when i do "Save As" on this DCR, a new DCR gets created within the old DCR contents but the metadata does not get saved with the new DCR.
Is there any configuration we need to do for this functionality???
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
how are you doing the set metadata within the DCR ? via the onsave event ?
Or do you mean DCR1 have EA=HI and you save as DCR2 and you want EA=HI as well
Also whatr OS/TS etc.
Using Tagger ? If not then post to another board
motlnt
I have a cgi script which calls tag(set metadata) functionality within DCR.
The flow goes this way:
I put details in DCR and save it (onSave trigger)
then i do set metadata within DCR and again save the DCR(suppose DCR1).
So now DCR has EA set as "HI" and now when i do "SaveAs" it copies the DCR1 contents to DCR2 but does not set EA as "HI" for DCR2.
I am working on TS 5.5.2
Regards,
ccprofessional
Perhaps you can create a custom-menu-item called SaveDCR_As, that also copies the EAs?
What you are seeing appears to be standard expected behavior.
motlnt
Actually yes, because we have this configuration" inherit_EA_on_Import" for keeping the EA's saved even if we keep on importing new versions of same file.
Even, when i try to copy or rename the DCR, EA's also gets copied with it.
So i thought there must be some configuration for "SaveAs" also.
Adam Stoller
SaveAs writes the *data* stored within the DCT form to a newly named DCR. It does not, to the best of my knowledge, make any attempt to see if there is already an existing DCR by the "old" name and try to extract *metadata* from it to apply to the newly created DCR.
I generally remove the SaveAs option when I can - as I think it leads to more problems than it solves.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com