Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Item populated thru CGI doesn’t reg onItemChange
ravio
I am populating a form field called "Path" from a CGI callout,
However, if user changes "Path" by selecting a different value from the CGI callout, it does not seem to register an onItemChange event for ".../Path"
If I manually try messing something in the field "Path" I get the alert I am expecting.
Is there something I have missed or it isn't supposed to work the way I am expecting?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think the problem is that the onItemChange event is registered to the text field and only after the contents have changed *and* the focus leaves the text field. Unfortunately, the callout button does not (I believe) actually give / take the focus to / from the text field so the onItemChange event never gets triggered.
You could try having your callout explicitly give/take the focus from the associated text field.
You could also try using the onCallout event trigger - unfortunately, I believe this is a *pre*-operative trigger and not a *post*-operative trigger - however - *maybe* you could use both in conjunction - by having an onCallout explicitly set focus on the item associated with the callout and then (if you're lucky) when the callout actually changes the items value maybe it will trigger the onItemChange.
However - you should probably use this real-world-example of what you're trying to accomplish to file a feature request through Support for additional / better event triggering mechanisms for fields associated with callouts.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jbonifaci
Updating items through javascript/formapi does not trigger the onItemChange event. This is by design. If you want your onItemChange event to get called by your callout, you will need to call your function after you set the value with the javascript/formapi in your cgi-callout.
~Jeff