Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Netcache Adapter
DavidMusser
What netcache vendor is the adapter tested with? Is it Akamai? Just curious. I may try to use the adapter vs the script that they supply.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
NetCache is a product from Network Appliance, which is what the delivery adapter works with.
Akamai is a hosted environment. I haven't checked with them in a while, but my understanding was that you could move files to their network via ftp or rsync. They also put OD receivers in production so that Interwoven customers would have that as an option as well.
You might check with Akamai whether deploying directly with OD is an option for you. Otherwise, you could consider using the ftp delivery adapter.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
DavidMusser
The support guy'd never heard of OD... :-( I'm calling the sales guy :-(( do you know any customer names and or Akamai contacts to mention to them for the OD recievers they have.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
Migrateduser
I'll email a contact to you.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
anisha
Dave, do you have more information about OD adapters for Akamai? thanks, Anitha
DavidMusser
Todd can send you the information for Akamai. What I found out when I talked to them is that there are 2 different ways that customers may use them.
1. Akamai holds the content, and updates are sent to Akamai. This is the method you would use OD to deploy content to Akamai, and from what I spoke with Todd about a while back Akamai may even have some recievers.
2. Akamai spiders a site after being notified of which page/pages to update. So what happens is that you do a deployment, and then you have to take the manifest file, and parse it. After that you can make calls with Akamai's api to make Akamai spider the site, but that's not using the payload adapter.
If you let me know more of your environment, and if it is like mine I may be able to get you a sample.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
anisha
Hello Dave, thanks for your response. I am doing a POC and donot have an environment yet. thanks, Anitha