Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
opener.top.getScriptFrame()
pbose
Hi,
TS 6.5 on Win 2K.
In my datacapture template I am using a CGI callout. The CGI callout makes reference to formAPI.
To get a handle to formAPI I am using
api = opener.top.getScriptFrame();
This works without any issue in Firefox but in IE 6.5 the call does not work.
opener.top.getScriptFrame() returns null.
Has anybody else experienced this before and if yes have you found a solution??
Thanks much in advance.
-PB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Can you post your code and the DCT/formapi used to call the CGI.
Is it a DCT defined callout or formapi callout event?
John Cuiuli
pbose
This is a DCT defined callout -
I need to get handle to formAPI script as I am populating a replicant field by calling addInstance() method after retrieving records from database.
Part of my CGI -
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
function populateDCR()
{
alert(opener.getScriptFrame().name);
api = opener.top.getScriptFrame();
if (api)
{
// do some activities
}
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
***********************************************************************************************
Puzzling is the fact that it works smooth on Firefox but not on IE.
Thanks much
-PB
ccprofessional
any IE pop-up blockers or the like?
Did you test from another desktop?
pbose
No popu up blockers.
Actually it is throwing up a Javascript error saying "object doesn't support this property or method".
Intersetingly when I alert out the name of "opener.top" by alert (opener.top.name) it returns CallOutWinXXXX.
Shouldn't it return dcrWinXXX?
Thanks
-PB
pbose
Figured out the issue.
My mistake. Overlooked the fact that I was setting the opener of the cgi document to self on body load.
Some how Firefox ignores that fact and works fine but IE honors that statement and CGI document loses its opener relationship to the datacapture window.
Once I remove that, every thing is working fine.
Thanks anyway for your suggestions.
-PB