Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI Callout
kaalraa
Hi there,
Envn : Teamsite 6.1 service pack 2 on solaris
I need to make the CGI callout button either hidden or invisble for a specific role users. Any suggestions as how to proceed with the same? Also FYI i have used the hidden tag which hides the functionality of the button... but does not hide the button itself.
I want to make the BUTTON hidden as well.
Thanks ...
- AKs.... The Shadow
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
I think you can use the <cred> tags in your datacapture.cfg file and specify what role should see it or not. I don't remember the exact syntax off hand, but look it up in the template developers guide.
kaalraa
Hi,
Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. They are not teamsite roles... instead we have some of our user defined roles.
thanks,
- AKs.... The Shadow
jbonifaci
Do you want to make the entire item hidden or just the button for the field? If you want to make the entire item hidden, it should be as simple as doing .setVisible(false). If you want to make just the button hidden, I believe you don't have many options. One option would be to remove the button/cgi-callout from the item it is currently on and create a new checkbox item with no options below it and add the cgi-callout to that item. You could then .setVisible on that item based on your roles.
~Jeff
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure about 6.1, but in 6.5 I believe that if you wrap the callout within a single-instance container that you can hide the entire container via FormAPI.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jbonifaci
Adam, there is no need to wrap an item with a callout in a container to be able to hide it with formapi. The item and the callout will be hidden with a simple .setVisible(false). At least in 6.1, I would assume it would still be true in 6.5.
~Jeff
Adam Stoller
I seem to remember having mixed results with this - in either situation - mostly in 6.5.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com