Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Upgrade to 6.5
System
Hi Guys,
In my environment I have currently two TeamSite versions 5.5.1 and 5.5.2. I am planning to Upgrade 6.5 version in near future.
I would like to know the feedback on the my TeamSite Upgrade plan. Here are the steps I am following,
Copy the workflows, templates, deployments (OD and DD), custom scripts from V5.5.1 to V5.5.2
Stop V5.5.2
Copy the store from v5.5.1 to v5.5.2
Start the v5.5.2
--
Install the 6.5 Version on New server
Copy all the custom scripts, workflows, templates, OD and DD cfgs from V5.5.2 to V6.5
Stop V6.5
Copy the stores from V5.5.2 to V6.5
Start the the server V6.5
And also let me know if I need to run iwconvert tool on V5.5.1 to convert to V5.5.2.
Thanks in Advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I would check with support - I don't remember where/when the iwconvert process was required - whether it was going to 5.5.x or explicitly to 5.5.2.
Exepect to spend a good deal of time working on verifying/porting *all* customizations (workflows, DCTs, PTs, FormAPI (was that in 5.5.1?), custom menu items, etc.)
Also - you didn't mention what platform(s) / OS's you're dealing with. There are a number of additional items you need to take into account if you're dealing with Windows.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks Ghoti for your reply. I am on Solaris, I just read through the Forums that there is no need for id Mapping, we can just copy the passwd and group file from old server to new server. Please let me know if I need to take care of any other issues.
IwovHeather
Hi,
You should contact support prior to upgrading if you have any questions prior to upgrading. Make sure that all your hardware and software is compatible with the new version that you are upgrading to (compatibility matrices are on Support). You may also find
this
presentation from BT helpful.
Title: A Developers Success Story - Upgrading to TeamSite 6.5, Lessons Learned and Customization Advice
Presenter: Patrick Mooney and Patrick Crean, BT
Learn from BT developers about their strategies to upgrade an award winning
TeamSite 5.5.2 implementation to TeamSite 6.5. Presentation includes practical tips, lessons learned and ideas that you can use in your upgrades.
It was delivered at GearUp Europe a few weeks ago.
hth,
Heather
Migrateduser
Thanks Heather! The Presentation is very Helpful.