TS 6.5 SP1 on Solaris 9
Support case filed, but just in case someone else has the answer.....
We have a legacy openapi application that cannot authenticate a subset of users. (Error at the bottom of the post.) I have seen a few related posts, but no difinitive answers. The users CAN authenticate via the GUI and via content services. It is only openapi that complains. Any ideas? I have tried the following:
o remove users using the iwuser tool
o shutdown the server, rm -rf the entities database, restart the server
o if anyone wants to migrate the code to content services instead of openapi, I'll give you a free copy of Solaris 10

This user is not valid, or parameters were not entered correctly!
com.interwoven.api.utility.IWInternalError: user lookup failed with error code 930
at com.interwoven.api.access.IWAccessorAuthenticationRemoterImpl.authenticateUserByPassword(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor137.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:148)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:133)
at com.interwoven.api.access.IWAccessorAuthenticationRemoterImpl_Stub.authenticateUserByPassword(Unknown Source)
at com.interwoven.api.access.IWAccessorAuthentication.authenticateUserByPassword(IWAccessorAuthentication.java:115)
at TestAuth.main(TestAuth.java:62)
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.comContent Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems