Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
invoke workflow
tik
Guys,
I know that a workflow can be invoked with 'submit' or a 'new job' etc, what I dont know if either of these two methods have any advantage or disadvantage over other, in terms of variables/flags being passed to the wft file. Other than the way I associate them with submit or new job in available_templates.cfg file, dont see any difference, there might be but I am not aware of.
Please reply.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't think it's so much a matter of advantage - it's a case of the purpose and which workflows are made available to the user when they attempt to start a workflow (i.e. are they doing New Job or Submit - and do you have differnt processes for those events?)
I seem to recall that there was a difference with regard to some "built-in" form variables, but I'm not sure if that still exists (I think Submit provided area_owner or some such) Other than that, I believe there are relatively few (if any) differences in that respect.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
tik
Thanks for your reply,actually i have been trying to read doc on this and ask people,but did not get answer,if you could please let me know the specifics that would be really helpful. I seem to have read somewhere that there is difference between how a submit passes some additional info which can be trapped in the wft,but honeslty have a hard time going back and looking.
Adam Stoller
I don't know off-hand what difference, if any, there are - but it seems to me that if you really want to find out you could do so quite easily.
Write a very simple workflow template, include code for dumping all form information to a log file, and run it both via New Job and via Submit.
Note - there *are* differences in terms of what information is available based on *where* you initiate the workflow from within the UI.
If you launch New Job from within a workarea in CCPro - you'll get information about the areavpath.
If you launch New Job from within the "Workflow" tab in CCpro or the main view in CCStd - you will *not* have areavpath information.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
tik
Thanks, I will do these two things.