Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Branch Security in Teamsite 6.1
Balu110
I am trying to implement branch security in Teamsite 6.1 on Solaris 8 as follows:
drwxrwx--- user1 group1 /default/main/test1
drwxrwx--- user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA
drwxrwx--- user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA/workare_A
drwxrwx--- user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA/workare_A/htdocs
-rwxrwx--- user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA/workare_A/htdocs/test1.html
When I try to preview test1.html then I am getting 403 forbidden error.
So I changed the file/folder permissions as follows:
drwxrwxr-x user1 group1 /default/main/test1
drwxrwxr-x user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA
drwxrwxr-x user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA/workare_A
drwxrwxr-x user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA/workare_A/htdocs
-rwxrwxr-- user1 group1 /default/main/test1/WORKAREA/workare_A/htdocs/test1.html
Now I am able to preview the file.
So can some one help me to understand the above behaviour? Why do I need
r-x
and
r--
permissions to "OTHERS" on folders/files?
Thanks in advance,
Balu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You could try adding the user "iwui" to "group1" and then you might not need to open up the directory access to 'other'
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Theoretically, iwui should be able to traverse any directory it wants to in TeamSite. Allowing iwui to be in group1 might fix, but in doing this so many times, you may **** up against the group limitation of Solaris NFS.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Adam Stoller
If you're using TS 6.5 - you can use TS groups instead of OS groups and avoid the group limitation of NFS (not Solaris Dave - NFS).
If you open up the access for 'other' you don't have to worry about it because "iwui" will be able to access the files and/or directories.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
skip11
Hi,
I bet you need 751 on the the top level branch.
drwxrwx--x user1 group1 /default/main/test1
Regards,
R.Barger
Credit Suisse Group
Zurich, Switzerland