Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
wf variable for multiple selection
AnnaDalas
Hi,
I have a multiple selection menu in the workflow initiation window using the TAG_info. Once the user makes a selection, I want to be able to access the list of selection in an external perlscript that is called in an external task in the workflow.
I got to the point where I get the array ref but that reference did not actuall have any element in it.
I later found a post here by Dave Smith that the getVariable() method in workflow does not work for multiple selections.
Is there any other way to get the selected values from the workflow intiator window.
Thanks,
Anna Dalas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
In the WFT - you should be able to access all the selected elements, and transform it into a comma-separated list and make it a job variable - then you should be able to access/parse it from wherever you want.
You might need to use __ELEMS__ if __VALUE__ doesn't work for you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
AnnaDalas
Ok,
Now, after retrieving the value using __VALUE__ how do I set the workflow variable without an other TAG_info?
Can I use __INSERT__ for this..
Can you give me an example code..
Thanks,
Anna Dalas
jbonifaci
Anna,
Basically, you can't use iw_setwfarg for multi selects. You need to process them on your own. If you do as adam suggested and just create a delimited list of your selected values, you could do it like this:
my $MultiSelectVariable = "<variable key='multi_select_value' value='";
$MultiSelectVariable .= join(';', __VALUE__('iw_multi_select_item'));
$MultiSelectVariable .= "' />";
...
<variables>
__INSERT__($MultiSelectVariable);
</variables>
~Jeff
AnnaDalas
Thanks Jeff and all the other.
It worked!
-Anna Dalas