Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dates before 1970
vahu
Hi,
We are uploading jpg with Photoshop info (such as author, image size) etc. It all works fine apart from that pictures that are taken before 1970 seem to get the attribute "Photoshop Date Created" attribute set to 1/1/1970. Is there a restriction in MediaBin in regards of creation date not older then 1970 otherwise it just defaults the date to 1/1/1970.
I have attached one image as test data.
Regards
Saya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
I am afraid the answer is "yes". Dates are stored in the time_t format which basically record seconds since 1/1/1970. our latest release has support for a "year" type that can take on any integer but at the moment there is no good workaround for specific dates before 1/1/1970.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Serevr Team
vahu
Hi Lyman,
Is there then a way to get that information into an other field ?
Regards
VaHu
lyman
Aha. I had forgotten that Photoshop Date Created is actually a special case unlike other date fields. In fact, it is stored as a text string. Its raw form in the file is YYYYMMDD. We do some massaging to convert that into MM/DD/YY (yes I know that is American...I am afraid this was written before we started to globalize!).
Let me dig a bit further to see where we get the 1/1/1970 in this case as it is not the same code as the "rest" of the date fields. I will get back soon.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd