Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
anyone using .net master pages
nico
If so are they replacing your presentation templates? is there overlap with teamsite presentation templates? Are you using presentation templates instead of master pages? Am I completely off the mark?
I sure would love to see more Interwoven documentation on how Teamsite and .Net/asp.net 2.0 interact and best practices or examples.
Thanks,
Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brandon1
Since a Master Page is just the "base" part of all your ASP.NET pages you would still need to somehow insert your content in the ContentPlaceHolders. So ultimately you still need to generate a page.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows
alanhill
Nico,
I did some digging a while back about Teamsite and the introduction of .Net, but all I could find on interwoven.com was some press release about how Teamsite now supported SOA, web services.
Nothing handy in terms of what changes it means for existing Teamsite solutions.
My approach though is since you can generate any type of file with Teamsite, it should work well with .net. We've been working to allowing Teamsite to create and deploy everything from resource files and other config files, to actual compiled code. Early stages, but the principal seems about right.
I agree with the other respondent saying that while Master Pages are very powerful, they are just a basic holding page to allow other functionality and content to hang off. The functionality and content still needs to be created and deployed (ie by Teamsite).
Hope that's of some help.
Cheers
Teamsite Template Developer