Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Access for Perl System Call on Solaris
vp98aa
Hi all,
Basic info:
Teamsite 6.5.0 SP1
Solaris 2.9
I have a custom perl script (IPL) that I gets called from the browser. Its for uploading a file from the local machine to TS Server. The file gets uploaded to the "tmp" directory on the TS Server just fine. But the perl script fails to copy/move it from "tmp" directory to workarea. If I execute that exact same command on exact same file from the command line (logged in as root), it works just fine.
Is there some kind of access issue with this? How do I get this resolved?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Rather than trying to figure out how to solve your problem without seeing your code - may I suggest you try debugging it a bit to see if you can figure out the answer for yourself?
Perl allows you to print out all sorts of information into debugging log files of your choosing - including, but not limited to the userid for the process ($<), the effective userid for the process ($>), capturing error messages from system calls ($?, $!, $^E), etc.
If you take a bit of time to figure out how you can debug your own code - you will probably find places within your code that should be handling error situations better in the first place and thus improve the code overall while resolving your immediate problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com