Hello All,
In process builder, How can manula task gets completed automatically after certain time periods , if task is not processed/finished by user or performer of manual task .
Hi,
You can use complete task option.See Process Builder user guide "Setting warning timers" section.
Hope that helps.
If that does not meet your requirement you can create a job or something similar and dequeue inbox items with it.See content server fundamentals guide "Manual queuing and dequeuing" section.
Instead of job you can use a process, which can be runned automatically with some time interval and will dequeues the manual tasks.
Please, provide some more details about your requirements.
~ Konstantin
Hello Konstantin,
My requirement is like as follows.
I have following work queues for manual task.
1. Data operator
2. Quality Check
3. Quality check complete (For this queue need to complete the task automatically, only purpose of this queue that user can view the task but completion of task is not controlled by user, that is should be done automatically with in 24 hours , once it is part of this queue).
Note : This is last queue and after this workflow gets complete.
Now, can you elobrate on your option of dequeue autmatically ? can be used on 3rd point from above, if yes any example ?
I think the best way is to use timers as suggested by Imran.
Please, have a look in the Process Builder User Guide > Working with Activities > Setting warning timers.
Two words how to do this and what you will get.
You will need to set the post-timer (it takes action if an activity has not completed within a designated amount of time after the activity starts). The moment 'activity start' = the moment when this activity is appeared in queue (or user inbox). This timer is counted even if any user haven't opened the queue item (manual task).
Also you will need to set Complete Task action, so when a timer expires the task will automatically completes and the process will forwards to the next activity.
Thanks for your response.
I tried to implement the same, but my task is not getting completed automatically. only got red color indication in inbox of user, that task expired.
So what should be done to automatically Dequeue from user inbox ?
You will need dql query like this:
UPDATE dmi_queue_item OBJECTS SET delete_flag = 1 WHERE ...
I was looking for auto dequeue of task by configuration, like setting post-timer condition and using Task complete action. you have suggested to use DQL as well.
So what should be final conculsion ? like use DQL by running custom job in every 24 hours. This Timer condition have any limitation ?
Sorry, I have misunderstand you.
Finnally I think the best is to use Timers suggested by Imran (by the way, I think hi is fully deserves some award point, but this decision is up to you).
but my task is not getting completed automatically.
Have you activated the dm_WfmsTimer job?
If yes, please, provide the screenshots of the timer configuration in the Process Builder.
Yes job is running / Activated.
Just correction, It's getting completed but not at the exact time , which I have provided 3 min of interval it's like after 10 min, getting completed....any mistake in my configuration of above activity ?
Let me to clarify.
The task have automatically complited. But not in time you set. Am I right?
What time interval is set for dm_WfmsTimer job?