Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Work area structure
alanhill
Hi,
We're looking at ways of creating workarea structures which will allow best access to the different pieces of content on our web server. The problem I have is around workareas pointing to a folder that's already inside another workarea.
Example
I have the following web server structure:
ManagedContent
\Configuration
\Styles
\Images
I have a work area called "wk_ManagedContent" configured to deploy to the folder 'ManagedContent'. This allows the business area to manage all Managed Content.
I also need to allow another department access to the 'Styles' folder on the web server. I can't give them access to the wk_ManagedContent because they shouldn't have access to all those other folders. My solution is to create a workare called "wk_Styles" and give them access to it. This work area deploys directly into the 'Styles' folder.
Obviously problems occur here with deployments from two workareas going potentially to the same folder (Styles) on the website.
Does anyone have any examples of best practise in this area, or ideas for how to mitigate against the risk of mucking up deployments if someone inadvertantly puts a file that should be in the Styles workarea into the ManagedContent workarea instead.
Many thanks
Teamsite Template Developer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
artor
I am not sure that I understood question correctly but for this you can create two deployment script one for Managed Content and filters the style folder not to deploy through this and second deployment script whiich can deploy the style workarea and mentioned the full path in targetFileSystem for styles directory and as far as permission issue, in solaris you can set the permission on folder level.
A
alanhill
artor,
Thanks for the feedback, I see what you mean about the exclusions, that might work a treat. I'll feedback any hints/tips if it works out OK.
Cheers
Alan
Teamsite Template Developer