Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploy EA and DCR-Data to the same Table
cliffhanger
Hi,
I need to deploy Extended Attribute and some DCR-data to the same table, we're doing standalone deployments.
Currently I have EA-to-DB_field and DCR-data-to-DB_field mappings in different <deployment> because one is source type
teamsite-extended-attributes
and the other is
teamsite-templating-records
. So, when I execute the deployment for EA, it overwrites the DB table with only the EA-related data for that DCR, and when I execute the deployment for DCR-data, it overwrites all EA data.
Any idea how deploying EA and DCR-Data to the same table can be accomplished using DD_CFG only?
Thanks
-cliff
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
teamsite-templating-records has an attribute that allows you to include ea's with the DCR deployment. It's called include-extended-attributes... so you can do both in the same deployment.
Let me know if I misunderstood your question.
Mariam
PM_Monthly.rptdesign
cliffhanger
Thanks Mariam! Sounds like exactly what I need...I'll let you know how the result turns out...
-cliff
CrosstabWithChart.rptdesign
cliffhanger
I added
include-extended-attributes="yes"
in my
teamsite-templating-records
but it's not recognizing the EA. It's say the EA value is null.
<source>
<!-- Pull data tuples from TeamSite Templating DCR's -->
<teamsite-templating-records
options = "differential,wide"
custom = "yes"
area = "/default/main/Mktg_US/STAGING"
base-area = "/default/main/Mktg_US/EDITION/INITIAL"
include-extended-attributes="yes">
<path name = "templatedata/Content/sectionHome/data" visit-directory = "deep" />
</teamsite-templating-records>
</source>
But when I try to deploy the EA using
teamsite-extended-attributes
instead, it gets the correct EA value. This EA is set by metatagger.
Here's my dd_cfg entry for this particular EA group:
<group name="pageKeywords" table="PAGE_METADATA" root-group="yes">
<attrmap>
<column name = "URL" data-type="VARCHAR2(500)" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/URL" allows-null="no"/>
<column name="NAME" data-type="VARCHAR2(100)" value= "KEYWORDS" allows-null="no"/>
<column name="VALUE" data-type="VARCHAR2(2000)" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/KEYWORDS" allows-null="yes"/>
<column name = "SORT_ORDER" data-type="INTEGER" value="-1" allows-null="no" />
<column name = "TEAMSITE_PATH" data-type="VARCHAR2(500)" value-from-field="path" allows-null="no"/>
<column name="DATE_CREATED" data-type="DATE" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/Creation_Date_Time" data-format="EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss yyyy" allows-null="no" db-datetime-format="DY MON DD HH24:MI
S YYYY" />
<column name="CREATED_BY" data-type="VARCHAR2(500)" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/Creation_Who" allows-null="yes"/>
<column name="DATE_MODIFIED" data-type="DATE" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/Update_Date_Time" data-format="EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss yyyy" allows-null="yes" db-datetime-format="DY MON DD HH24:MI
S YYYY"/>
<column name="MODIFIED_BY" data-type="VARCHAR2(500)" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/Update_Who" allows-null="yes"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="NAME"/>
<key-column name="URL"/>
<key-column name="SORT_ORDER"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
</group>
Any idea...?
-cliff
Edited by cliffhanger on 11/08/05 03:20 PM (server time).
Migrateduser
Hey Cliff... that should have worked... what version of OD/DD, teamsite, etc?... I've never tried setting an EA in metagger, but if it works in the teamsite-extended-attributes case, then it shouldn't matter. Can you try setting it in TeamSite and see what happens? I know I've done it before and it's worked.
What does the Tuple look like in the log file for each case ... can show that part of each log file .. the part where it says TUPLE= { ...
Mariam
cliffhanger
TeamSite: 6.1.0 Build 50914 Interwoven 20050802
DataDeploy
ataDeploy Version 5.6.0 Build 19499 Interwoven 20030506
Platform: SOLARIS
I set the EA in teamsite, but still it does not work. gives me the same error message.
Surprisingly it does not build any tuple for any of the EA fields. It builds tuple for the DCT fields only. I am attaching the log file here.
Thanks a lot, Mariam!!
-cliff
Migrateduser
I just ran a quick test with the following and this worked for me with EA and dcr data in the table. The only thing that I can see that looks different is you used a custom DCR and specified differential... neither of which should make any difference. Nevertheless... can you try to run something similar to what I have ... (I used the OOTB medical example), just as a test?
Mariam
Also my tuple is:
TUPLE={numberOfChunks=1, Symptom List/1/Symptom=s2, Prognosis List/0/Prognosis=p, Treatment List/1/Treatment=tl, IWOV_PROC_FLAG=true, Symptom List/1=, Symptom List/0=, Treatment List/1/Drug List/1/Drug=dl, TeamSite/Metadata/Title=title2, Treatment List/0/Drug List/0/Drug=d, Treatment List/1/Drug List/2=, Treatment List/1/Drug List/1=, subjectMetadata0=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <metadata></metadata>, Treatment List/1/Drug List/0=, Disease=measles, TeamSite/Metadata/Description=, Prognosis List/1=, Treatment List/1=, Prognosis List/0=, Treatment List/0=, Prognosis List/1/Prognosis=pl, Latin Name=measola, TeamSite/Metadata/Keywords=, Symptom List/0/Symptom=sl, Vector List/1=, Vector List/0=, path=templatedata\internet\medical\data\data4, Treatment List/0/Drug List/0=, Vector List/0/Vector=v1, Type=Viral, Treatment List/0/Treatment=t, TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=internet/medical, Vector List/1/Vector=v2, Treatment List/1/Drug List/0/Drug=, Treatment List/1/Drug List/2/Drug=d2, state=Original}
So, the EA shows up in there:
<data-deploy-configuration>
<client>
<deployment name="basearea">
<source>
<!-- Pull data tuples from TeamSite Templating DCR's -->
<teamsite-templating-records
options = "wide"
area = "/default/main/DAS2/WORKAREA/wa/templatedata/internet/medical"
include-extended-attributes="yes">
<path name="data" />
</teamsite-templating-records>
</source>
<destinations>
<!-- Oracle 8i database -->
<database db = "****:1521
ra816db"
user = "scott"
password = "tiger"
vendor = "oracle"
update-type = "standalone"
state-field = "state"
enforce-ri="yes">
<dbschema>
<group name="medical" table="medical" root-group="yes">
<attrmap>
<column name="Path" data-type="varchar(255)" value-from-field="path"/>
<column name="state" data-type="varchar(25)" value-from-field="state"/>
<column name="Disease" data-type="varchar(100)" value-from-field="Disease"/>
<column name="LatinName" data-type="varchar(100)"
value-from-field="Latin Name"/>
<column name="Type" data-type="varchar(15)"
value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/Title"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="Disease"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
</group>
</dbschema>
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>
cliffhanger
Well,
"differential"
seems to be the problem here.
I did a
'wide'
only deployment on both areas that I was doing diff between, and they both completed successfully. But, When I do a
'differential,wide'
on those two areas, it's complaining about
null
value for the KEYWORDS EA.
Migrateduser
Is this standalone DD or DAS? The differential option looks at 'delta' tables.. so this would be a DAS option, I think.
Mariam
cliffhanger
This is standalone DD.
Here's an update on this issue:
Interwoven Engineers called it a bug:
include-extended-attribute not recorginizing the EAs on "differential" standalone deployment
(I don't know whether this is functional for DAS or not) .Here is the bug #64018
We're currently using External Tuple Preprocessor to extract the DCRs' EA values and push it into the tuples as a workaround
-cliff
Migrateduser
Thanks for the followup Cliff.
Mariam
marcussteiner
Hi,
can you give me a hint of how you do that:
"We're currently using External Tuple Preprocessor to extract the DCRs' EA values and push it into the tuples as a workaround"
I'm stuck with the same problem and hooked in the TPP but it seems to ignore the EA's as well (when doing the differential deployment). When I do a print of all tuples in the TPP class the EA's are NOT showing when specifying wide,differential but ARE shown when just using wide.
How do you retrieve the EA's in this scenario?
cheers
m
Plattform is W2K
OD: 6.0.2.1.0 Build 52162 Interwoven 20050921
TS: iwserver: 6.5.0 Build 51515 Interwoven 20050821