Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Knowledge Management on Interwoven
jeevan
Hi all,
This is jeevan kamble studying at IIIT Pune pursuing MBA-IT degree.Sir currently i am doing an internship at GE (Gecis) Hyderabad for a project work on "Knowledge Management" under the guidance of IIM L faculty. I do have industrial exposure on KM at Kirloskar oil engines, Tatasteel, Tata johnson controls etc. as an trainee. Presently at GE i am asigned a task of developing KM Culture/framework and measurement module. GE is also using Interwoven software pacakge for KM initiatives. Sir i am interested to seek guidance for the same.
Please can anybody help me in regarding:
1) I am interested to work more on interwoven ,how to start fo it.
2) are their any material /books on the same.
3) I am also interested to do a certification on the same,pleae do guide me!
My current exposure on interwoven:
- Making categories,posting documents,downloading,...i.e very basic.
Please sir i will be waiting for your reply!
Thanking you!
regards
Jeevan
"Know - L - Edge: Know what you know to get an Edge"
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
By Interwoven, I assume you mean WorkSite MP?
There is information here on DevNet about WorkSite MP- you might want to start with this link:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/docs/Techlib-MP4.html
regards,
lissa
jeevan
HI Lissa,
It would be very useful if you can explain the architechture and entire working of Interwoven work site mp( may be in short or with links/articles).
regards
jeevan
"Know - L - Edge: Know what you know to get an Edge"
ToExportToPDF.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Jeevan
Just go through WSMPCustomizationGuide.pdf, WSMPBestPractices.pdf, WSMPAdminRef.pdf and WSMPSolutionToolkit.pdf. Hope you will have enough info to come over your curiosity about CDM and KM using Worksite MP.
Cheers~
Rishi
jeevan
Dear Rishi,
Thank you very much for your reply,please can you provide the respective article links you sent because i could't find it on interwoven site.
thanking you!
regards
jeevan
"Know - L - Edge: Know what you know to get an Edge"
Migrateduser
download all above documents from tech library.
search worksite mp ,and download the related document.
jlopez
Hi all, I am also trying to get familiar with the MP product (for a new project) and would like some documentation. I can't find any of the documents that LISSA mentioned in the previous post, on Devnet or in the support site. I am wondering if there is a separate support site for Worksite MP than for the other IWoven products ?
Whenever I try the links to
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/worksitemp/worksitemp.asp
as it is mentioned in some of the Webinars I get routed to
https://worksitesupport.interwoven.com
and once logged in with the usual support ID I can't find any documentation on Worksite MP.
I am confused......
TIA
Jose
Nicholas
Jeevan, I think above mentioned docs are publicly not available. Once you have valid access on support, you could download the docs. I could try answering your queries on WSMP. Let me know couple of things?
1. Do you have WSMP installed? If yes, please explain your what you have done?
2. Do you have valid Interwoven support id to download the stuff?
3. Are you working on some WSMP project ot its just only your school project?
Thanks Nicholas
jeevan
Thanks Nicholas,
I am not technicaly into Interwoven worksite but the posing of docs and admin part. Pls i need the deatils and good understanding on Interwoven Worksite MP as a tool in perspective of KM since i need to make a report on the same giving my view points on the tool but this can not be done unless i know this product in deep and i am also interested in its development part.Please i am looking forword for your reply with grt hope.
Thanking you!
regards
jeevan
"Know - L - Edge: Know what you know to get an Edge"
Nicholas
First of all, WorkSite MP and WorkSite are different products, so try to be specific.
Below words, I took from the Interwoven Website.
1. WorkSite MP
Interwoven WorkSite MP delivers the foundation to facilitate team-based collaboration on document-intensive processes, including new product launch, proposal and contract development, corporate legal matters, and general project management, to improve organizational decision-making and streamline execution, improving efficiency by an average of 40%.
With WorkSite MP, enterprises can enjoy the benefits of the most usable system in the industry, designed from the ground up for business professionals, combined with the enterprise-class security and performance of a Java 2™ Enterprise Edition (J2EE) compliant infrastructure. The combination provides enterprises with the ability to accelerate user adoption — a significant problem for traditional document management systems — and to scale deployment across multiple initiatives, departments, divisions and geographies — delivering on the promise of an enterprise standard for collaboration and document management.
WorkSite MP Product Line
1. WorkSite MP Server
2. WorkSite MP Records Management Server
3. WorkSite MP Adobe PDF Server
4. WorkSite MP Client Integration Options
5. WorkSite MP Integration for Microsoft Office
6. WorkSite MP Integration for Microsoft Outlook
7. WorkRoute MP
8. WorkSite MP Supported Platforms
9. Kofax Ascent Capture Integration for WorkSite MP
2. WorkSite
Interwoven WorkSite is a collaborative document management platform that was built from ground up using Microsoft technologies—COM, ASP, .NET—enabling you to fully leverage existing investments in Microsoft-based applications and technologies. The Worksite Server is the foundation for the solution, and provides a platform that supports geographically dispersed teams with project pages where they can create content, collaborate and co-ordinate business-critical activities.
I am assuing you are on WSMP. Next, unless you don't have WorkSite MP installed or valid support access to download the WSMP docs, its really very difficult to go in deep. I would suggest you to take training on WSMP.
Thanks Nicholas
jlopez
Hello Nicholas, I do have access to the support.interwoven.com site and I can download and access all content on the Worksite product and the KnowledgeBase for that line of products, ie (From the support site): DeskSite (Find Technotes, Downloads and Documentation related to Interwoven DeskSite clients. This includes infoRite 5.x, DeskSite 6.x and DeskSite 8.x clients. FileSite / iManage MailSite (Find Technotes, Downloads and Documentation related to Interwoven FileSite and iManage MailSite clients. This includes infoLook 2.x, iManage MailSite 3.x, iManage MailSite 4.x and iManage MailSite 8.x clients.) WorkSite Web ( Find Technotes, Downloads and Documentation related to Interwoven WorkSite Web clients. This includes infoLink 3.x, Worksite Web 4.x and WorkSite Web 8.x clients. ) WorkSite Server ( Find Technotes, Downloads and Documentation related to Interwoven Worksite Server. This includes DMS Server, Index Server, DMS Cache Server and Email Management Server. )
From your last post I gather that in order to have access to the Worksite MP product support site one has to have purchased the product or .....? If a client has the other products I mentioned wouldn't it be a benefit for IWOV to provide these customers with the access to the support site for Worksite MP so that one can compare benefits and whether one needs to move over to the MP product ? If you think we should start a different thread on this subject I will do so. Although, from the original post it seems I am not the only one that would like to see more details on Worksite MP than what is available from the Marketing site of IWOV.
Jose
Nicholas
Someone from Interwoven may provide better answer on this
-- Nicholas
Migrateduser
If you are interested in a trial version of WorkSite MP you should speak to your Interwoven representative. I can pass your information along to the appropriate person if you give me the OK, but I won't do that unless you say it is all right.
We value your privacy on DevNet.
Regards,
lissa
jlopez
Thanks Lissa, I will follow up with the IWov reps..
Jose